Thursday, January 20, 2011

Fireplace Envy

In general, when people talk about their dreary offices and days spent amidst rows and rows of mind-numbingly corporate cubicles, I can't help but smile a little smugly. After spending close to two years sharing the cubicle-pain, I now work in one of the least cookie-cutter, corporate beige places I can imagine. I work in the top of a small, brick tower in the middle of Central Park, overlooking the beautiful limestone facades of Fifth Avenue, the canopy of the Park's trees, the green copper roof of the Plaza Hotel, and best of all, the Central Park Zoo. At this time of year though, the general awesomeness of my workspace begins to fade as the weather gets worse and worse. Snow piles up on the glass roof, our only source of natural light, giving the impression of working in a dark, freezing cold igloo. As I stand over the space heater rubbing my hands together to prevent frost bite (slight exaggeration), visions of fireplaces dance in my head. Modern or classic, indoors or out, any of these would do. I especially love the deep blue Mary McDonald number--it's small but still packs a punch!


Celerie Kemble

Jay Griffith

Suzanne Kalser

Steven Gambrel

Mary McDonald


Pam Voth and Tim Barrall

Ginger Barber

Steven Gambrel

images via House Beautiful, Lonny, Domino, Elle Decor, and unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment